Fun Happenings

We had a couple of fun things happen this week. One of the first things that happened was that we were able to have a guy come in and tune the piano:

The inside of the piano :)
The inside of the piano. Paul got this shot with some of the tuner’s tools still in there. 🙂

We found out that the piano was made between 1940 and 1950, and that it was professionally restored (on the inside). The guy said that it was probably thousands of dollars of work. He was really impressed…and so were we, considering that we got it for less than $400! Joseph was very interested in watching the piano tuner do his work. Sometimes a little too interested, lol. We had to keep him out of the guy’s tool kit. 🙂

The rest of the week was spent in just hanging around the house, doing our regular stuff. Joseph has figured out how to climb up onto the couches on his own (as well as the padded bench that we have near the entry-way). He still likes to sit in his little chairs, though (when he’s not climbing them, that is):

Our little rock star.
Our little rock star.

Friday marked Joseph’s 20-month mark. It’s hard to believe that he’s going to be 2 so soon! I keep on imagining his as my little rollie-pollie baby boy, but he isn’t anymore. He’s a full-fledged toddler. He continues to exert his independence and opinion (to put it nicely, lol), pop out new words when we least expect (this week: mouth, ears, toes), and find new places to explore:

Finding the toys he's outgrown that we keep under the guest room bed.
Finding the toys he’s outgrown that we keep under the guest room bed.

Yesterday was our busiest day by far. We got up and got ready to head out to the farmer’s market/street fair that Old Town Helotes puts on once a month. We ended up getting stuck in traffic that was full of people trying to find a parking space for the parade that was being held that morning (apparently this weekend was Helotes’ annual Cornyval…don’t ask me the origins of the name, I have no idea why it’s called that). We ended up turning around and heading back home. On the way back, we stopped at Lowe’s so that Paul could get some stuff to organize the garage. While Joseph was napping, he worked really hard, putting up some shelves (at workbench height) and a rack (mounted to the wall) to better organize the shovels, brooms, etc. It has freed up a lot of space in the garage and things are much more accessible. It looks great! After Joseph woke up, we headed back out to try hitting up Old Town again. This time it was much better, since the parade crowd had gone home. We enjoyed walking around, looking at all the crafts and things. After that, we ran home to feed Joseph and then headed out for an evening of fun. We ate dinner at Chipotle, went out to Sea World for an hour or so, and then grabbed shakes from Whataburger on the way home. I love days like that where we get to spend so much time together as a family. It really makes the day awesome!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *